If an incident occurs that you believe may lead to legal action or non-legal action by a third party, you should contact JLT Sport immediately on 1300 130 373 (preferably within 48 hours of the occurrence) and complete the General Liability Claim Form.
An incident may include (but is not limited to) any of the following examples:
- An individual or group asking your club for payment of property damage caused during a cycling activity
- An individual seeking compensation for personal injury following a cycling accident
- Legal action against the club for negligence (breached duty of care)
- Legal action against a director of the club for libel, slander or other misleading statements
- An employee claiming harassment, discrimination or unfair dismissal
- An employee or volunteer stealing club funds
- Legal action against a coach for negligent acts, errors or omissions
In these cases, it is important that you or other members of your club do not admit any liability or discuss the matter with a third party.
JLT Sport’s claims staff will advise you on the correct course of action.
Liability Claims relate to the following Policies:
- General Public and Products Liability
- Associations Liability