The 2023/2024 registration process is now live. For many of you, the upcoming season has many changes as you move your competition management to PlayHQ. For the rest of you, it’s business as usual, as you proceed to register through the MyCricket registration process in order to receive your invoice for the 2023/2024 period of insurance. Once the invoice has been paid your certificate of currency will be available to download below. Please note BPay payments may take 24–48 hours to clear and release your certificate accordingly.
For those of you on PlayHQ we’ve simplified the process of attaining your certificate of currency. As the cost of insurance is covered under the National Registration Fee paid by participants each season, all you need to do is complete the Online Risk Management Module and you will be able to download your certificate of currency.
What is a Certificate of Currency?
Your Certificate of Currency is a legal document that demonstrates your club has Public and Products Liability Insurance. This document is sometimes required by Councils and/or Facility management.
To unlock your club’s Certificate of Currency you must first complete the Online Risk Management Module.
- Type part of your club’s name (e.g. “Melb”) and/or select your State, then press Search
- Find your club’s name from the list that appears below
- Choose the option that is available (e.g. “Please Complete”, “Download”)
If your club’s name does not appear in the list below, this could mean a couple of different things:
- Your State Body may not have confirmed your participation in the 2023/2024 policy period of the National Club Risk Protection Program
- For those of you moving to PlayHQ, our system may not have recognised you as a ‘PlayHQ club / association’; or
- For those remaining on MyCricket for the 2023/2024 season you may not have registered via MyCricket web site.
Do you require further assistance?
Please contact Marsh for Insurance and Risk Protection Information and Club Registrations