Make a Claim
- Download the Personal Injury Claim Form
- Complete all relevant sections of the form.
- Send your completed form to Echelon* as soon as possible (and within 270 days from the injury date).
- Echelon will confirm receipt of your claim and provide you with a claim number.
- Any further costs can be submitted to Echelon quoting this claim number.
- Documents can be submitted by email, post or fax.
* Echelon is part of the Marsh group of companies and is the appointed claims manager for the Programme.
Complete and submit all personal information and injury details relating to your claim online.
Following your online claim lodgement, Marsh will email you 3 separate Declarations that need to be completed and signed by your Club, your treating Physician and/or your Employer.
The Declarations can be printed and filled in manually or emailed straight to the relevant person for them to print, complete and return to the Insurer on your behalf.
If you have any questions about this process please contact Marsh on 1300 130 373
The Health Insurance Act 1973 (Cth) does not permit the Trustee or Insurer to contribute to any charges covered by Medicare (including the Medicare Gap).
Personal Injury coverage through your club is limited by the Health Insurance Act. As such, Marsh encourage participants of AFL football to investigate the benefits of private health insurance.
|Examples of Non-Medicare Medical items||Examples of items covered by Medicare|
|Claimable as per the Policy Wording.||We can not reimburse you for these costs.|
*Please note: MRI scans are generally claimable through Medicare, however sometimes the referrer and/or provider is not registered with Medicare. Please check with your treating physician prior to lodging your claim.
In addition, there will be no refund in respect of:
- Any expenses recoverable by You from any other insurance scheme or plan providing medical or similar coverage or from any other source except for the excess of the amount recoverable from such other policies/plans.
- Any expense to which the National Health Act (Cth) 1953 or any of the regulations made there under apply.